Friday, January 9, 2015

The Girl In The Blue Dress Painting

The girl painting from my last post is dun dun done... It's a nice and simple piece, but yet it still has a little boldness to it with the colors that have been used.
 
I love the bold bright red for a backround, I think having that red makes her pop a little. The red paint I used is called Liquitex BASICS acrylic paint in a 4 oz. tube, The name of the color is naphthol crimson , its a very pretty bright red to paint with. The blue paint is also by Liquitex BASICS in primary blue. Those are the two colors that I think just stand out really nicely. The other paints I used were a mix of some other paints I mixed and blended to get the skin tone and the hair color and eyes. Lots of mixing and blending was involved here haha.
 
 
When I first started this I went into it not knowing what I wanted to paint. This started from a random sketch on a canvas to now a fully painted piece. Hope you like it as well, and if you'd like please leave a comment down below, let me know what you think of it. If you have anything in mind for me to paint let me! I'd love to hear your suggestions!










No comments:

Post a Comment